Saturday, August 13, 2011

dear god, i'm back

it's been a few months, i know. not that i want to get into details, but i have had a bit of a problem lately, and am now trying to face this journey again. the healthy way. so first things first. i have gained all the hCG weight back, and more. i am going to a nutritionist and according to her scale - which i will go by for structure sake - i weigh the most i have in my entire life. i am dealing with this. i am not yet to the point of being ok with this. but i am working on it. so here is what is going on:

1. i meet with my nutritionist one on one every week for 15. the first time was much longer. anyway, this woman knows everything. it is insane and overwhelming. i gave her my most recent blood level sheet from my doctor and she went through it with a fine tooth comb. she knew how to read everything, what levels were good/bad, what could be causing weight gain or not loss, ect. it was amazing. she is incredible. just this little spit fire of nutrition. everything that comes out of her mouth is something new and exciting i can try. she is actually (hopefully soon) putting together a cook book for the holidays. she is out of this world. there is no disappointment in her face or voice or anything if you step on the scale and the number goes up. as i did last week and my number went up .3 lbs. which was good considering i was in the hospital for a week (another story).

2. she has a nutritional plan for me. i can eat 1600 cals a day. she wants me to write everything down. i use thedailyplate.com. best free online tracker i have used. i love it. it even shows a graph of how many carbs, protein, and fat you are consuming everyday to help you stay on target. it sounds a lot like weight watchers, but i am getting the one on one time with her, it is cheaper, and you build a relationship. it's almost like you want to track what you eat because you care about this person. anyway.

3. i am to do 60 minutes of cardio 3 times a week. and will then add in 2 days of weight work. i haven't been stellar on my cardio. BUT, as my therapist would want me to point out... i found a zumba class that will work with my schedule and went. all by myself. and it was amazing. dear god, how i miss dancing. the music, the studio, the movement, the sweating, everything. it was exhilarating. i know i will get on a regular schedule, things have just been a little "crazy" around here and we are trying to adjust.

so a few things to add:
a. i take a daily vitamen
b. i take a tbsp of cod liver oil - tastes like oily pine sol
c. i take daily enzymes. i think those are for energy
d. i am working on getting a rx for an iron pill
e. coconut milk is the best thing on this planet
d. and i need to drink 80-100 oz water a day - no SODA!!! i love you DDP

so anyway, here is my journal again to my weight loss journey. feel free to ask questions. i will try and update frequently, but at least one time a week after my check in with my new BFF.

love, your coconut milk drinking gal, pepper

3 comments:

Alisha said...

It all sounds like a great plan! I'm so thrilled you have found this gal. Keep up the good work girl!! You can do it!

Jo-Dan said...

I'm interested in hearing more about how you are drinking coconut milk...I thought it was super fatty.

Just Jaime said...

I MISSED YOU SO MUCH PEPPER! I was checking in a lot and I'm so glad you are back! I like the idea of going to a nutritionist.