Wednesday, April 20, 2011

dear god, should i pay to learn SKS?

so i have lost 5.8 lbs since friday. i am thinking it is a lot of water weight. but weight is weight right? yay. i LOVE watching the scale go down. motivates me. i am wondering about a personal trainer. what do you think? i wonder if anyone has tried that route before. you know for accountability purposes and some simple life skills (SKS). because i learned yesterday that we all need SKS. i know a little 15 year old that needs SKS training on hygiene. seems easy enough right? not for him. i guess i can just equate it to my need for SKS regarding how NOT to eat an entire serving of cheese sticks and ranch. seems easy enough right? not for me. i am a sucker for that kind of stuff. just like my little 15 year old is a sucker for sleeping in and putting on yesterday's shirt without showering. we all need SKS somewhere in our life i guess. glad i had that lesson. so personal trainer...

love, your non-smelly gal, pepper

5 comments:

Jo-Dan said...

I think a trainer is a pricey but effective way to get on track with your workouts and have someone to be accountable to. I ALWAYS work harder when I am at the gym with a friend or loved one (because I obviously want to impress), and that's why I think the contestants on the BL do so well...trying to impress Bob and Jill. I think you could get a trainer for a shorter term and see how that goes...that way you could learn some skills to use at home in the even that you don't want to keep the trainer long-term. I would get one...if I had a gym membership...or money to pay the trainer...

Just Jaime said...

I think a trainer would be good if you need that. But be careful. I think there are TONS of people calling themselves a personal trainer with little training. Make sure yours is certified.

harley449 said...

Most of us need to be accountable to someone especially in any program where we are trying to help ourselves...........So if not a trainer call Lisa she would probably be less expensive.

Emily Nice said...

I'm all for a trainer, if you are serious about following through. One of my former roommates really got lots of SKS out of her experience. She spread hers out to where she only saw the trainer everyotherweek and did the homework faithfully, trying the skills out in between sessions so that she had lots of questions and such at each session. Changed her life cause they worked on everything not just exercise.

Some of my other former roommates, seeing her success, tried it but just wanted an easy way out. They would cancel appointments and lie about what they were eating... didn't work so well for them as you can imagine.

I've thought it would be great to get one to see what it would be like, but I'm too big of a whimp. I don't think you are though...

Jamie said...

I actually have a trainer & we see how far it's helped me.... Honestly it's not worth the extra payment each month. HOWEVER, it's good to learn new routines & how to do reps correctly. Are you going to work out at home or at the gym? Most of the routines they have shown me can be done at home just as easy as at the gym. I'd be happy to show you some of the "moves" they have tortured me with. I will be starting to work out with my trainer again as soon as the Dr. will let me after I have the mega baby.