Sunday, February 20, 2011

dear god, i just had an epiphany

so i was posting in my personal blog and had an epiphany. and below is the post so you can understand my epiphany. but i think i am starting to figure it out. and i will let you know what "it" is when i get there, or even while i am on my way. but a few days ago, i was lost in how to make a full change and to love myself. but, i think i can do this, and there might be a possibility for an affirmation every morning to remember this epiphany. but anyway, here it is:

i don't get my picture taken very much, mostly because i am behind the camera, but also because i hate getting my picture taken for one reason - i am sure you can guess what that might be :) anyway, these pics are both from little rosewater's birthday parties. how i have changed is below



one year ago, i was probably about 20 lbs heavier (i only know because the saweet velor "jumpsuit" i have on in this picture is pretty snug. now it is pretty drapey). one year ago, i had no idea what kind of year i was going to have - which most people don't know, unless they are insanely awesome. one year ago, i ate anything and everything i wanted to at little rosewater's birthday dinner. one year ago, i was a LONG way from graduating.

now, i am healthier than i have been in at least 10 years. now, i will always be cautious about life and love everyone i can as much as i can everyday. now, i had an orange and tea at little rosewater's birthday dinner - while everyone else had pizza and cake. now, i have 6 weeks until i am done with graduate school.

2010 rocked my world in a really really bad way. but like i have told many people, 2011 is balls to the wall in every aspect of my life. and i am living it as much as i can.

and in memory of my angel. i just want to put out there, for the 4 of you reading. that life can change within one second. and i know you hear that all the time. and it never resignates with you, unless it happens. i look back on 2010 and did not accomplish a lot and i lost even more. and i look at that person in the picture one year ago and i feel sad for her. because she has no idea. and if she had an idea, maybe she would have changed things and had an amazing year. so, that is why i am balls to the wall. for the rest of my life. and now i just realized that i need to do a few things to be in full compliance of my new motto.

ps. don't take this as a downer. just take it as a reason to get up everyday. and love who you love with all you have.

7 comments:

mckay said...

Well I get a lot of guilt trips for not posting but I'm like the solider in the war and pepper it the in-bedded reporter. I do love you pepper and I am so proud of you. Don't worry about the past you have a bright future.

Melissa Christensen said...

This post made my day. Love the smiles, and the outlook. Keep it up!

Lana said...

Well, dear, I KNOW more than three of us read your blog. I don't post every single time because I don't want you to think that I am stalking you like the 13 year old girls stalk Justin Bieber.

I have to say it: you are my total hero. I have done absolutely NOTHING today to move other than to get off the couch to EAT. 4 times. My blood pressure is sky high, as always, and I feel lousy most of the time. I know, know know that if I lost weight like you are, I would feel better. You keep on throwing those balls to the walls dear. I am proud of you.

harley449 said...

Onward and upward, I see the great progress you are making, and I am so proud of you..........

Emily Nice said...

I hope this start of an epiphany continues to grow and give you continued strength.

I think you are amazing. You can do it!

Just Jaime said...

Love you.

Kristy said...

I love this picture of the new you. It shows that even though you have been through so much, you can still smile, you can still laugh and you are in control of who you are! Keep up the great work.