Friday, February 18, 2011

dear god, is it bad that i think self affirmations are weird?

well god, the people that answered my very needed request were so wonderful. so thank you for them and their support. i loved everything everyone said and although i still feel emotionally drained, i am back on the wagon - due to my rockin friends and family. i have all the comments printed and put up in my exercise sanctuary to remind me that i need to keep going everyday.

...back on the wagon, but struggling with this maintenance phase. and by struggling, i mean, it is hard to eat more than i have been. because i pretty much just keep eating the same things as on the hCG, but more of it. my head is in a bad place, so i think i am just like whatever, i'll just drink tea. HOWEVER, i am super excited to start working out. i only exercised one time this week, but it was wonderful. and mr. rosewater said "that was weird" when i told him i was going to be exercising for the next hour. apparently it is pretty rare that i make this statement :)

i still REALLY want chocolate. which is another rare thing for me. usually i want fries or pizza. but i can't stop thinking about chocolate.

i haven't weighed in few days. should i continue to weigh everyday? i am afraid if the scale continues to go up and down i will get frustrated. my clothes are still getting looser (more loose?) . so that makes me happy. and i have a general sense of happiness about myself - most of the time.

i went to old navy the other day with little rosewater. i know, i am obsessed with old navy. but, i haven't been able to try stuff on in the store in a LONG time. so i put a bunch of stuff in the basket and went to town. no i did not buy anything. i just wanted to see how things fit. i can't believe i can wear an XL in most things, on top at least.

so god, my question today is, how do i learn to love myself? lots of people say that is what i need to do. and i think i like myself for the most part. but, i can't like read self affirmations everyday. i just think of stuart smalley and then i can't be serious. i guess i could read a self help book. and literally, if someone asked me what they should do to love themselves. i wouldn't' even know where to begin. which obviously means i have no idea and that it (loving myself) isn't something i am good at. which is a problem, because i am kind of in the work field of helping others love themselves. so i should be into that as well, right?

love, to weigh or not to weigh, pepper.


4 comments:

Just Jaime said...

So before I'd ever seen Stuart Smiley, my mom had. When I was sad in middle school she had me repeat "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and HEY! I like myself" It worked well enough for me, but I hadn't see Stuart.

Are you in therapy?

harley449 said...

You dont't need to weigh every day get on the scale when you want or set certain days of the week to weigh. I totally understand the self-esteem problem believe me. Self help books are a good thing but I have had to focus on the good things about myself small or large it doesn't matter even if you begin by noticing that your eyes are pretty, and you go from there. I wish you could see what I see inside and outside of you, because you have it all. You just need alittle fine tuning.......

Jennee said...

I understand going to ON . . . I am obsessed with BUYING! Ugh, I am officially on the wagon.

Emily Nice said...

I vote for not weighing everyday. I think it can make you crazy.

Wow. Went to ON and didn't even buy anything? Now that shows a level of self control :)

I think affirmations can help remind us to work on things that we don't quite believe yet, so might be a good thing....

Ok so here is the social worker in me, but you can try the "tapping techniques" with the afirmations which seems to help.