Tuesday, January 11, 2011

dear god, who buys heart rate monitors for $200?

so the clinic tells me to watch my heart rate when i exercise. that way i can tell if i am burning fat. so i thought, perhaps i will look into heart rate monitors. they can't be that expensive. oh, but they are. at least the ever so popular polar fitness monitors are. apparently people who are freaks for exercise use them. they look super cool, but i think i will stick to the old school neck pulse reading way. MUCH cheaper. 

on another note. i am at a stand still. haven't lost anything for 2 days god. what's up? i have been getting lots of advice from my support system and i am feeling strong not to give up. but if i have to go on an apple binge for a day, i might die. still haven't hit my 5%. still haven't received just dance 2. waiting. starving. waiting.

i have noticed though, and feel really dumb telling you this, that my necklace keeps getting longer. i received this precious necklace from my SIL alisha that has anthon's initials on it. so i wear it everyday. well, embarrassingly enough, i had to originally get a necklace extender because my neck was too large (i don't like using the "f" word, as in "f"at) for it. every few days i have to keep adjusting the size because it keeps loosening up. so to answer my nutritionist who asked me today if i could feel anything different. yes, yes i can. my necklace is getting longer.

oh and ps. god, thank you so much for the most amazing water bottle find in the world. its made by thermos. retail $11-$15. i love it so much. i can drink water like nobody's business from it. instead of the ever so coveted camelback, this bad boy doesn't have a rubber sippy thing connected to a straw, where you have to bite and drink. so you can get much more water flow from the opening in the top. and the push button cover with lock makes it virtually spill proof, and fun for 3 year olds to play with. oh and i can't forget to note the counter at the bottom of the screw on lid. this allows you to NOT have to keep track of how many bottles of water you have had in a day in your head. it comes in handy for the every so slightly 500 calorie diet absentmindedness. LOVE it.

2 comments:

Lana said...

Love the water bottle! Is it aluminum? I have an aluminum one that I LOVE, but it doesn't have a sippy thingy.

I think that a plateau is probably normal. Keep at it, girl. You are my hero and I love you!

Emily Nice said...

I do admire your water bottle. I've decided though that it makes zero sense for me to get a nice one since I'll just loose it.... Way to stick with it even if things aren't going quite right. Eventually you'll get where you want to be