Sunday, January 2, 2011

dear god, i have no appetite

sorry it has been a while. i really want to post more often then i have been. however, i have been getting ready to get back to work and the real world, thus no time for blogging. ok, so i went to the DR at the clinic. I also spoke with the nutritionist and got a vitamin shot, B12 and some other B i can't remember right now. so, this is what i learned about myself. i received a 3 page lengthy report that was generated from the machine they hooked me up to the first time i was there. these are my stats from this OVERWHELMING information:

*i have 146 lbs of lean body mass (= muscle, the good kind). that is 56% of my weight.
*my muscle to fat ratio is 1.3 to 3. it needs to be 3.2 to 1.
*i am carrying around 44 litres of water in my body. that needs to be 25 liters. so essentially i am carrying around 41 lbs of water weight due to soda intake, sodium, and improper water intake.
*i have 115 lbs of fat on my body. that is 44%. AHHH. almost 1/2 of my body is fat. that is insanity. and gross. ok that percentage needs to be down to 18-26%.

so at this point the clinic has my goal weight set at 183 lbs which right now would be 20% body fat. however, the more i lose, the numbers will change and my goal weight will go down. they will hook me up to the machine 1 time per month to make sure i am losing the proper amount of weight (like not to much muscle, etc). the good thing is that the nutritionist said that with carrying around 41 lbs of water, i should lose that pretty quick on the hCG. the clinic does not go by BMI statistics, which i also feel are a little bogus, but that is what the baby DR is requesting, thus my 137 lb goal.

i was also instructed to walk 3 times a week for 30 minutes. BUT, not on the hCG. they don't recommend exercise because you are only intaking 500 cals. however, i am really going to try and move more if i have the energy.

here comes the big freak out part, i spoke with the DR and received some prescriptions for appetite suppressants and help with insulin. mr. rosewater (the hubs) is very concerned with the appetite suppressants, but so far they have been fine. i am taking a time release one in the morning that does wonders - and does not make me feel like i just drank 27 red bulls. and then i take another one to curb night cravings at 5 pm. i take the insulin pill 2 times a day.

during this detox part i am supposed to eat as much as i can, but the medicine is making me anti social toward food. i am forcing myself to eat though. that is one thing i learned at the nutritional meeting the first time. if you skip breakfast and lunch then eat a huge dinner you turn into a sumo wrestler. cuz that's how they do it. so don't be a sumo. eat breakfast.

ok, i will sign off now. as this might be boring to some of you. but, one last thing. i start the hCG diet on tuesday, with injections. wish me luck.

ps - votes for before and after photos every month?

4 comments:

harley449 said...

Be very careful with the suppressants, take them for only a short period of time. I am impressed with all the information they gave you, keep up the good work and GOOD LUCK on Tues.

Just Jaime said...

I want before and after photos, if you want to post 'em.

Unknown said...

I totally want before and after photos, have to see how this thing works!

Jo-Dan said...

PHOTOS! PHOTO! PHOTOS!

Also...I have known that I eat like a sumor wrestler for a while now, but it is soooo hard to change! Especially when I am not hungry in the morning...so maybe you should ask me if I have had breakfast when you see me in the mornings...